Friday, January 7, 2011

INK MAN

A rare but very surreal manifestation occurred recently at RED. Because of our incredible training program thanks to CrossFit, Cody and others; and our stimulating affiliate name (CROSSFIT RED), and our almost super-human freaks for members, INK MAN stopped by for a WOD to prove his mad crossfit skills. He was going so fast, I only caught a flurry of a shot during the whole episode. It was amazing...We can only hope he stops by again in the future to show us his dexterous craft. His time on this WOD was actually 12 seconds...terrifying. Lets do a crazy WOD in his honor...

Warm up: coaches call

WOD
"INK MAN"

Partnered for total rounds completed in 25 minutes-

12 Alternating Handstand push-ups- perform HS into your partners hands
16 KB Power Cleans- from the floor each time #53/35
20 Squat Jumps- touch the floor, then jump & reach as high as you can

* both partners must finish one movement before they move to the next.

STRENGTH/SKILL
50 Windshield Wipers
30 Wall climbs

Mobility: Partnered stretches

A little more on CrossFit and Reebok

6 comments:

  1. INK MAN is hot, hope I run into him at Red!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how when we showed up for the wod this morning....it was reps of 10, 20, 40 not 12, 16, 20 like it says above....hmmmm
    It's ok PB, we wont hold that against you....for long anyways!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunday musings...

    It's a sad day, Chez bingo. It's a sad day, but also a day to breathe, to feel alive, to cherish a life. My friend has left, and today is the day he is memorialized.

    We arrived early, Mrs. bingo and I. I'm not sure just why. The receiving line was already out into the entryway; it grew by the minute. It gave me pause, to be truthful, for my friend and his family are known for the quiet grace with which they conduct their lives. My friend grew up in a very reserved setting, and although he was capable of showing every emotion in the rainbow his show was was mostly with the volume on "low", at least outside of his closest circle.

    And yet, there it was, a line that was literally out the door and winding through and around the building. It really did make me stop and think. Here was a man who went through his (too short) life with a quiet grace, neither seeking attention nor courting fame; he would never have described himself as "popular" at any stage of his life. And yet his world of "one-degree of separations" grew by the minute.

    I read something this morning that came back unbidened while waiting in line: what if your last Tweet (or FB post, or email, or text or voicemail...) was the last of you? What if? What if your last goodbye is, indeed, your last goodbye? Really anything, you know? Yesterday at work, today in the gym, lunch. Whatever. What if? How long would the line be, and more importantly what would your "one degree of separations" be thinking while they stood in that line?

    As I write this my sadness begins to ebb, my mood lighten. Memories of my friend from months, years ago start to trickle in; they share space with my more recent memories, but something about how many of them are arriving, how quickly and confidently they come into my "memory room" gives me comfort. There will be more of them, the good memories, and they will be the ones just inside the door waiting to greet me every time I visit that particular room. So, too, will it be for everyone (still) in line.

    And for you? Me? What will the line look like, and what will the memories look like to those in line when they are thinking of us? What were your last whatevers with your whoevers? What will fill their room of memories of you? If.

    I'll see you next week.

    Comment #78 - Posted by: bingo at January 9, 2011 12:25 PM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Claire - I know INK MAN personally and would be glad to hook you up! I think you'd make a cute couple ;)
    Keep inspiring us INK MAN! U ROCK!
    CD- (not my hubby, just on his account)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i know ink man as well and he is a massive douscher!!

    ReplyDelete