Monday, December 20, 2010

This is a great shot that displays the progression of speed and motion that transpired in the first WOD at Stocker Stadium with Clean & Jerks. Roman, Sjolund, Smith, Taets, Toomer, Weaver, Wilson, and Winch were all in this line up and blowing through it like a turbine engine, only to meet up with a soul sucking 400 meter run and a follow bear crawl from hell.

Warm up: DYMO

STRENGTH/SKILL
Snatch Balance
2-2-2-2-2

WOD
2 Deadlifts on the minute, every minute for 10 minutes.

*Go as heavy as possible

Dynamic stretch



YOUR GIFT
The new year holds a gift for us- It is called "The future". Last year had a gift for us, it is now called "The past". Right now is the greatest gift we can embrace- it is called "The NOW". As cliche as the term "The NOW" has become, I believe that carpe diem is still and always will be one of the true secrets to happiness. We are met every day with the opportunity to become extraordinary or to stay ordinary. We have on our minds the pain of yesterday, the schedule of today, the pressures of tomorrow,  but are we thinking about the power that lies within "THE MOMENT OF RIGHT NOW"? Well, here is your challenge, and because of all the time references...it is certainly "for time". The time, is NOW... and you must take some action, NOW.

Use this comment section to give us 1 person that you know needs CrossFit. You think about them being here and would love to see them embrace it. Give us their name, phone # and even a little story about them and we will call them, wish them a Merry Christmas and tell them, that YOU have voted them "Most likely to accept the gift of CrossFit". We will give them ONE MONTH FREE of CrossFit starting in January in YOUR name. If there are special circumstances, we will be happy to listen and try to accommodate.

This is all about changing our lives and passing it on. This is what will transform our world now into the world we wish to see. In that mission, will we be fulfilled and feel that our lives have purpose, because we recycle the joy we live. Pass it on, crossfitters!

This is our gift to you. Do this exercise, and if your person joins us here at RED, you will get a copy of THE POWER OF NOW by "ECKHART TOLLE". This is only available to those that read this blog and reply to it.

3,2,1, GO!...

12 comments:

  1. I'd like to nominate myself for 1 free month of crossfit....The money i will save will surely change my life by increasing my whiskey fund in January to help me stave off the frostbite when I am riding the chairlift this winter....missing fingers are not conducive to good crossfitting......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to give this gift to my husband if I can... Chaz Emmons 970 201 0301

    Just yesterday we were trying to figure out our finances to see when he would be able to come check it out. He says he thinks it would be a fun thing for us to do as husband and wife and sees how into it I am and would like to check it out himself. We just bought a house and moved from Houston and so money is a little tight right now but we both think crossfit is a good reason to spend money on ourselves but a free month would help out tremendously and let him start sooner then expected.

    I have read The Power of Now and it is one of my favorite books and definitely my number 1 favorite "self help" book. I have given it as gifts to 5 of my friends and recommended it to plenty of other people! Great words to pass on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to nominate my roommate Shana Wilson (970.250.8759). She quit smoking about a month ago (cold turkey) and has been on a fitness kick that she says is, in part, motivated by me. Brittany put together a series of workouts that she can do while she is home for her super long holiday break (I miss my favorite workout buddy). I shared it with Shana and she has been doing it. Just the other day she did 5 rounds of 5 push-ups, 10 lunges (20 total), and 20 sit-ups in 9:28!!! She was so sore yesterday that she just did a pilates video:) She is totally enthusiastic but notoriously broke between her work seasons (powderhorn and adventure bound). A free month at RED would give her an earlier workout boost.

    I, too, already have that book so I am not nominating Shana for that prize... I nominate her because I think she is awesome and truly making some amazing life changes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All that said, though, Jeff makes a really good argument for himself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to nominate my co-worker Tony Lupo he is a fitness enthusiast and has been kicking around the idea of changing over from Golds to Crossfit he would be an excellent addition to the Crossfit family! His number is 9702082248.

    Jennessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to second the nomination of Jeff H because he has the best plan for spending the money that would be saved by the free month (mmmmmm....whisky).

    Seriously though I would like to nominate my wife, Megan (970-260-3447). I have been trying to sell her on CF for over a year now with no luck. I would like to see what response PB or another coach gets when trying to sell it to her (hopefully she will be nicer to them than she is to me). Although, I am afraid of what might happen to me if my wife joins and gets more confident, and stronger physically and mentally. That could spell big trouble for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to nominate my husband Jarred (778-7465)He has been so supportive of me joining crossfit and he is constantly saying how he wishes that he could be there with me. I know that if I could get him there for just a short time he would be as addicted as I am, and would find a way to make the sacrifices nescessary to afford it. Crossfit has truly made an impact on my day to day life and I would love to share that with him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alright! You are all givers of CrossFit! Each nominee will receive a call in the next week as an invitation to come in for their first foundations class and a gift from you. If they accept the gift we will give them an assessment and get them started! Please give me any details you find necessary at patrick@crossfitred.com. I will continue to respond to this post as other nominees come in. See you all woddin` soon;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't want to give a gift but I do want to say that Weaver looks amazing in that shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would like to nominate my good friend Lanie Pinson (970.210.3060); she is an avid triathlete and joined us for the Goblin to be supportive! She has always been interested in Crossfit and just doesn't have the funds. Lanie is someone who would COMMIT and THRIVE within the Crossfit family. I would love to expose everyone to her enthusiasm and animal-like work ethics! As a side note, Patrick, this gift is such a prime example of why we love you and your gym; you are always more concerned about others than you are yourself and you are passionate about sharing the amazing gift that is Crossfit. Thank you for your continued support, this gym is the best thing that has EVER happened to us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would like to nominate my friend Lorinda. She has been going through a rough patch in her life and I believe Crossfit is exactly what she needs to give her motivation and inspiration! Thank you Patrick for all that you do!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I nominate Tyler Ross, a great friend of mine.... Ex-collegiate baseball player, all-around athlete... who needs to quit being a VAG. you get the point... Patrick when you or whoever contact him, make sure to let him know that " his mom called, and she wants her legs back"!!!! On a serious note, not that I or anyone needs anymore competition down @ red.... being that I have my ass handed to me every day that I am down there, I believe he would excel @ the crossfit concept and push both myself and everyone else down there to get better! oh yeah digits are 970-201-1875.... Thanks

    ReplyDelete