Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Excellent Punch

This looks like an old vintage shot of Billy getting hammered on punch. The real truth is that the Goat  got thumped by a heartless WOD. After chilling out on the side-line to recover for a few minutes, he jumped up and said "Man, I hate that move...I'll see ya tonight. I have to do that one again and get strong so it doesn't suck as bad next time." Is this a sick joke? Is crossfit a lunatic obsession? Are we a cult that practices unsafe overload and encourages grainless, calcium deprived diets with 2-a-days and no rest between? For the average person, excellence is a mystery and often seen as something insane, and overzealous. Don't be that person...average, I mean. Billy wouldn't like your company very much, and neither would anyone else that's practicing excellence. Sorry.

Warm Up: CF/BW

WOD
10 Rounds
1 minute burpees
30 seconds rest
1 minute box jumps
30 seconds rest

STRENGTH/SKILL
Extra Mobility- Coaches choice of activity

Mobility: Dynamic Stretch

10 comments:

  1. I got mad respect for the "GOAT" his ability amazes me, and he pushes my ass to the absolute threshold of my capacity! Love WOD'n with ya bro! I'll keep chasing ya man....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to thank my Red family for all of the support today. Life challenges us with rough waters from time to time but I'm confident that this ride will make me a stronger and better educated crossfitter come 2012. I look forward to cheering on my Red brothers and sisters as they put GJ on the CF map during the 2011 open.
    As for the injury, I have had a history of achilles tendon problems since my college football days and it was only a matter of time until one of them finally ruptured. Better now than later. If anyone has any good books to read on nutrition please let me know. I'm going to make the most of my horizontal time and daytime tv will definitely slow down the recovery process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So did you go to the Dr yet Nate???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. Ruptured Achilles tendon. Surgery tomorrow and rehab for nec 8 months or LESS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nate, condolences on the injury what a bummer. good thing you have a big box of . . . to keep you busy while you're down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kirk-right back at you!-and everyone else that does the early A.M. classes. There's something strangely cool about being halfway through a WOD before you actually wake up! Nate- THAT SUCKS!- I don't know you, but it's an honor just to be working out in the same building. Hope you mend fast. Everyone else-time to step it up! We have so many people that would do well at the Open. Patrick-it's too bad you can't FORCE people to go to the Open as a part of signing up, so they get that 'HOLY CRAP, I'VE GOT TO DO THIS- I DON'T CARE IF I DON'T PLACE OR IF IT KILLS ME- I HAVE TO DO THIS!' rush that the rest of us got! TonyaSonya and I are going to Vegas for the weekend. Very excited to go do some WODS with some Vegas Crossfitters! Have a good weekend everyone- see you Monday at 5:30 a.m.!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nooooo Nate!!! I'm so sorry to hear that and I'll be praying for your surgery and speedy recovery. You have a great positive outlook and you'll bounce back in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Nate Im so sorry. Good luck in surgery today and be sure to let us know at Red if we can help out in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brother Nate...I hope you are balancing pain meds and video games with kids all in one. Your situation is like many warriors of the past. Training for war has it's price in casualties, which was unfortunately your AT. But you will certainly heal stronger and be steadfast to win the 2012 Games. I believe that! Till then, your team will carry the flag! Love ya brother

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nate, not that you are not already mentally strong, but I believe that this set-back will create a mindset so strong and hungry that I will literally be fearful of you upon your return...Heal fast friend!

    ReplyDelete